Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Spicy Panko Cod

Spicy Panko Cod
Serves 4

Necessity is the mother of invention. I know that I have cod. I know that I have gnocchi. What can I do with cod and gnocchi? I found a recipe on Life Takes Lemons and I was excited to try it. In all honestly, my husband was dubious at best. Fish AND gnocchi are not a winning combination for him. But I went ahead with it anyways. I have split up the two recipes into two different entries, making my own adjustments to what we cooked based on the original recipes, but they link to each other. Paired, they are Spicy Panko Cod with Lemony Asparagus Gnocchi. This meal was so delicious and filling! Even my cod and gnocchi disliking husband demanded we cook it again.


Ingredients
  • 4  4oz pieces of Cod (frozen or fresh)
  • 2 cups panko
  • 1 TBSP paprika
  • 1 TBSP garlic powder
  • 1 TBSP pepper
  • 2 TBSP chilli powder
Instructions
  1. Mix dry ingredients together. 
  2. Pat fish dry. 
  3. Coat each filet evenly in mix. 
  4. Saute fish on medium in canola oil until coating is golden brown and fish is flaky.  Remember not to flip the fish too many times.

Pair with Lemony Asparagus Gnocchi.

No comments: