Inspired by Food Network's Sweet and Spicy Meatloaves.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 medium carrot, quartered
- 1/2 pound 93 percent lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper3
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 tablespoon apricot jam
- 2 medium red-skinned potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 head broccoli (florets cut into pieces, stem peeled and thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (for broccoli and potatoes)
- 1 table spoon curry powder (broccoli and potatoes)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the onion and carrot to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer to the bowl with the breadcrumbs and add the turkey, beef, egg and 2 tablespoons curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix by hand until just combined. Shape into 4 small oblong meatloaves on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix the ketchup and jam in a small bowl and brush over the meatloaves.
- Bake until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook 4 minutes, then add the broccoli florets and stem; cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 6 more minutes. Drain; return to the pot.
- Toss with the butter and the remaining curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the meatloaves.