Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Serves 8 (makes 2 pizzas)

I like to try to make different kinds of pizzas at home with flavors that I really enjoy. After Ray, my husband, played around with taco pizzas, I couldn't pass up making a Buffalo Chicken Pizza using the Buffalo Sauce for the pizza sauce, especially on Super Bowl Sunday! We LOVED it more than any pizza I've made before. This is a must keep.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups Sargento Shredded Provolone and Mozzarella
  • 2 cans white chicken
  • 1 cup Buffalo Sauce
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
  • 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 2 thin premade pizza crusts (you can use a thicker crust per preference)

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to the crust directions (425 usually).
  2. Spread 1/2 cup of sauce on each pizza crust.
  3. Spread out one can of white chicken on each pizza.
  4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of onion and 1 stalk of celery evenly over the pizza.
  5. Crumble half of the 3/4 cup of blue cheese on each pizza. 
  6. Spread 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese on each.
  7. Bake until desired crispiness. 
  8. SERVE AND ENJOY!!! Mmmmmmmm......

No comments: