Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Outback Classic Wedge Salad

My Outback Classic Wedge Salad
Serves 4

I live in a place where the closest Outback Steakhouse is, or at least feels, like farther away than I want to travel for a salad. I was really craving one, so I made a list of all the things that were familiar about the salad and this is what I came up with. This is the closest taste I have ever had to the salad I've been craving. Sans prime rib.

Ingredients
  • 1 head of lettuce cut into 4 wedges.
  • 1 cup real bacon bits
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 red onion sliced thin
  • 4 TBSP balsamic vinegar
  • 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 cups Ken's Steakhouse Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
  • 3/4 cup Ken's Steakhouse Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing

Instructions
  1. Mix the two dressings in a bowl together until they are thoroughly mixed together.
  2. In 4 bowls, put the 1 lettuce wedge, 1/4 of the onions, and 1/4 of the cherry tomatoes.
  3. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the walnuts, blue cheese crumble, and bacon bits on each wedge.
  4. Drizzle 1/4 of the dressing onto each wedge. Then drizzle 1 TBSP of the balsamic vinegar on each.
  5. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: