This was one of Ray's weekly recipes. He found the recipe using one of his fancy little phone apps. The recipe was for 16 people! So he halved the ingredients and we still had leftovers for two work lunches (it reheated really well). The cool thing about it was that he doubled the chicken, sour cream, corn, and spices so that we had leftover filling and we made an awesome Chicken Fajita Pizza. This is an absolute cook again meal. Our two-year-old daughter loved the filling (she hates tortilla shells).
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1.5 cup canned enchilada sauce (Old El Paso)
- 1/2 16oz. jar salsa (Chi-Chi's White Bean Salsa or Tostitos Black Bean and Corn)
- 8 8in. tortillas
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 2 cup shredded cheese (Kraft Mexican Blend)
- 1TBSP ground cumin
- 1TBSP chili powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- On the stove top, use a pan to cook your chicken breasts. Make sure you season them. Once they are cooked, use two forks to shred the meat.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, red onions, corn, sour cream, cumin, chili powder, and half of the cheese. Add salt and pepper as preferred.
- In a separate bowl, mix the salsa and enchilada sauce.
- Soften tortillas for 10 seconds each in medium skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Fill tortillas with the chicken mix and place seam down in baking dish. Spoon salsa/enchilada sauce mix over and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Add more if you prefer.
- Bake, covered with foil for 30-40 minutes. sprinkle with green onions and serve. Mexican or Tomato Rice are great additives for side dishes.