Roughly 248 Calories per serving
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped into small bits
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup Barefoot Chardonnay
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- In a medium pot, cook the chopped onions with the butter until the onions are tender.
- Add the arborio rice and coat well. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Chardonnay and cook down.
- Add the pineapple juice and cook down.
- Heat the chicken broth in either a pan or in the microwave and add.
- Cook the risotto down until tender and soft. A little give in the middle is alright, but cook to taste. Add more broth as needed until cooked down.
- Finally, add the pineapple and mix thoroughly. Then add in the cheese and mix until fully combined.
- Taste for seasoning (salt or pepper).