- 2 cans Del Monte Diced Tomatoes (Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
- 26 oz Swanson's Cooking Stock - Beef
- 1 lb spicy hot or medium Italian Sausage (de-case the sausages if ground is not available)
- 18 oz Progresso Recipe Starter - Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 large carrots (peeled and cut 2-3mm wide)
- 2 medium zucchini (middle cut out, peeled, and cut into 2-3in fourths)
- 1 cup quartered baby button mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 9 oz Bella Luna "fresh" cheese tortellini (for frozen, put them in with the zuchinni and reduce the water by 1/2 a cup)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- Brown the sausage in a large pot. Drain off the grease and set the meat aside (on a paper towel to catch the excess grease).
- Sweat the onions, carrots, and garlic. The onions should be slightly translucent, but still have crunch.
- Add the sausage back into the pot. Then add in the beef stock, diced tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, Progresso's Fire Roasted Tomatoes, bay leaf, and 1 TBSP pepper and 1 TBSP salt.
- Cover and turn on high to bring to a boil. Let boil for 15 minutes.
- Turn the stove to medium or medium-low until you get a low simmer. Add in the baby button mushrooms and zucchini.
- Let cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the zucchini is starting to become soft.
- Add in the tortellini and continue cooking at medium of a low boil until the tortellini are cooked to your preferred level of doneness.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese. Let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread on the side. Additional Parmesan also adds a nice touch.