Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Doritos Nacho Platter

Doritos Nacho Platter
Serves 4-6

This recipe grew out of a frustration to cook something that we didn't have the typical ingredients for. As I continued to stare into the abyss of our pantry, I started to have certain items jump out at me and I realized I could attempt to make these nontraditional nachos.

Ingredients
  • 1 bag Doritos Taco Flavored Tortilla Chips
  • 1 10oz can of Ro-Tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilis
  • 1 15.25oz can of Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
  • 1 15oz can of Goya Black Bean Soup
  • 1 15oz can of Hormel Chili with Beans
  • 3/4 cup Cheez Whiz
  • Sour Cream
  • Taco Sauce
  • Black Olives
  • Jalapeno slices

Directions
  1. Over medium heat in a medium pot, mix the corn (strained) , Ro-Tel with liquid, and Black Beans with liquid.
  2. In a bowl, mix the can of Hormel Chili with the the Cheez Whiz. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Heat again for another minute. Stir. Repeat until heated through.
  3. On 4-6 plates, pile on the chips. Then spread the Cheez Whiz mixture. Use a slotted spoon to spread the tomato/corn/bean mixture. Drain the liquid before putting them on the chips.
  4. Add sour cream, sliced black olives, taco sauce, and jalapenos on top. Serve!

No comments: