Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Zucchini Mini Margharita Pizzas

Zucchini Mini Margharita Pizzas
I had to use tiny zucchini based on availability at my grocery store, but it still works out just fine. You just get small pizzas.


Ingredients
  •     2 small zucchini
  •     1 medium tomato diced tiny
  •     1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  •     1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  •     1 1/2 TBSP minced garlic
  •     Tomato pizza sauce

Instructions
  1.     Slice the zucchini into 1/4 in pieces.
  2.     Grill or broil the zucchini on a rack for 15 minutes on Hi (if broiling).
  3.     Preheat oven to 400F.
  4.     Dice the tomato.
  5.     When the zucchini is finished cooking, transfer to a cookie sheet or baking tray.Make sure there is space between the zucchini slices.
  6.     I recommend using a tomato sauce in a squirt bottle and put one drop on each zucchini.
  7.     Follow up with a little bit of garlic on each.
  8.     Then take the mozzarella and sprinkle a bit on each, pushing down to spread the garlic and sauce.
  9.     Now put a pinch of grated Parmesan on each.
  10.     Top off each of the zucchini pieces with a tiny piece of tomato.
  11.     Put in the oven until the cheese is melted. About 10-15 minutes.
  12.     Season with salt and pepper as desired and serve.

No comments: