Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Raisin French Toast Pudding

Raisin French Toast Pudding
Serves: 6+
I thought about bread pudding, but wanted to make french toast. I combined the two to make Raisin French Toast Pudding.


Ingredients
  • 1 loaf of raisin bread ripped into chunks
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 8 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
  • 3 TBSP cinnamon
  • 3 TBSP sugar
  • 3 TBSP vanilla extract

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400.
  2. In an 11x13 pan, either spray with a non-stick spray or use butter, then dust the butter with sugar to stop the bread from sticking. 
  3. Take the chunks of bread and spread it out in the pan.
  4. In a bowl, mix the eggs, half and half, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract.
  5. Dump the mixture into the 11x13 pan with the bread and sprinkles the raisins into the mixture.
  6. Mix so that all bread is covered with the liquid. Push bread down to soak up the mixture while stirring.
  7. Cover with a loose dusting of cinnamon sugar if available.
  8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.

No comments: