Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Quick Ladybug Lunch Pizzas

Quick Ladybug Lunch Pizzas
Serves 6

These pizzas were inspired by Rachael Ray's kid-friendly ladybug pizzas, but I made them for the whole family using a whole wheat thin crust pizza. My 2-year-old daughter LOVED them! She felt like such a big girl!

Ingredients
  • 1 package (3 crusts) Golden Homes Whole Grain Ultra Thin Pizza Crust
  • 2 large Vine Ripe Tomatoes
  • 1 package Sargento Reduced-Fat Provolone Slices
  • 1 package Sargento Fat-Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 2 small cans chopped black olives
  • 2-3 TBSP Contadina pizza squeeze sauce

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400. 
  2. On the crust, put a thin layer of sauce. 
  3. Put 3 pieces of provolone on each pizza. Then sprinkle the sauced areas with the mozzarella, distributing evenly.
  4. Thinly slice the tomatoes and layer them on the pizzas. Also spread out the chopped black olives across the pizzas.
  5. Cook for 5-8 minutes, longer if you need the top cooked (move closer to the top of the oven). 
  6. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: