Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pineapple Risotto

Pineapple Risotto
Serves 4
Roughly 248 Calories per serving

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped into small bits
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 cup Barefoot Chardonnay
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup crushed pineapple

Instructions
  1. In a medium pot, cook the chopped onions with the butter until the onions are tender.
  2. Add the arborio rice and coat well. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
  3. Add the Chardonnay and cook down.
  4. Add the pineapple juice and cook down.
  5. Heat the chicken broth in either a pan or in the microwave and add.
  6. Cook the risotto down until tender and soft. A little give in the middle is alright, but cook to taste. Add more broth as needed until cooked down.
  7. Finally, add the pineapple and mix thoroughly. Then add in the cheese and mix until fully combined.
  8. Taste for seasoning (salt or pepper).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was looking for a sweet twist on risotto for our Memorial Day dinner tonight, and this was perfect! This was my first attempt at risotto, and it was a breeze. Thanks for a great recipe!