Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coconut Curry Chicken

Coconut Curry Chicken
Serves 4
About 172 calories per serving


From Rachael Ray Online.

Ingredients
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • One 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds), cut into strips)
  • 2 teaspoons five-spice powder

Instructions
  1. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
  2. Add the coconut milk and cook until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
  3. Toss together the chicken, five-spice powder and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
  4. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil (or coconut oil) over medium-high heat until shimmering.
  5. Increase the heat to high and stir-fry the chicken until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
  6. Stir in the coconut curry sauce, simmer down.

No comments: