Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Egg Salad

With all these leftover Easter eggs, I knew salads would be in the future. So I located a low calorie egg salad recipe and tweaked it up a bit. It only came down to about 210 calories a serving.

Enlightened Egg Salad
Serves 4

Ingredients
  • 6 large hard boiled eggs (pealed and cubed)
  • 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 slices pumpernickel bread
Instructions
  1. Mix all the ingredients, except for the bread and egg in a bowl. 
  2. Once the dressing is mixed, add in the chopped eggs and mix to coat.
  3. Salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Add salad to bread and serve.

Note: Add an additional tablespoon of mayonnaise if it tastes too yogurt, but just adjust the calories for it. 

No comments: