This made four servings and when I put it into a calorie measuring program, it registered at about 350 calories per serving. This was a "necessity" recipe. I looked at what we had left in the house, as we're getting down to the nips and bits before payday. It turned out amazingly delicious and my husband says I have to make it again. It's a keeper, a one-pot, and quick! Could even make it in the slow-cooker and let it cook on high until the rice is ready. It's worth trying.
- 1 1/4 Jasmati Rice
- 1 can Progresso Starter Fire Roasted Tomato
- 2-4 cups of Water
- 1 Knorr Homestyle Chicken Concentrated Stock
- 1 package (4 sausages) Smoked Mozzarella and Artichoke Chicken Sausages (cut into pieces)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped up celery and celery leaves
- 3-4 tendrils of Saffron (or a pinch)
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a skillet or pan on high.
- Chop up the onions and celery (with leaves) and saute with a TBSP of olive oil and the 2 TBSP minced garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the Knorr concentrated stock.
- When the vegetables have softened, add in the sliced chicken sausage and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in 1 1/4 cup Jasmati rice, 2 cups of water, and the can of Progresso Fire Roasted Tomato Starter Sauce. Add in a pinch (3-4 tendrils) of Saffron.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and then cover tightly. Turn to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Check on it every 5-10 minutes to make sure it's not sticking. Add more water if necessary.
- After the rice is ready, remove the pan from the heat and let sit.
- Serve and enjoy!
Notes: Shrimp could also be added to make it more like a jambalaya! Maybe a little cayenne pepper to give it a little spice or some jalapenos. Seriously a delicious dish!