Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Oriental Beef Salad

Oriental Beef Salad



 
Ingredients
  • 1 bag of coleslaw mix, shredded 
  • 2 packages of Ramen noodles (chicken flavor)
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  •  2-3 TBSP sesame seeds
  • 1 seasoning packet from Ramen Noodles
  • 1 cup rice vinegar 
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 TBSP sesame oil
  • 4 TBSP sugar
  • 1 flank steak
  • 2 cups soy sauce 
  •  salt/pepper
Instructions
  1. Marinade the flank steak in the soy sauce for 30 minutes or more in the fridge. 
  2. Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a grill pan, sear the steak over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes per side for medium rare; transfer to a plate to rest.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil, sugar, and Ramen seasoning packet. 
  4. In a large bowl, combine the slaw mix and dressing and toss. 
  5. Crush the Ramen noodles into small pieces and spread out on a baking sheet with the almonds and sesame seeds. Broil until medium brown.
  6. Add the dry Ramen noodles (right before serving) and toss again. Divide evenly among 4 shallow bowls.
  7. Cut the steak into thin slices and distribute among the salads.

 

No comments: