Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sweetened Condensed Milk Toast

Sweetened Condensed Milk Toast
Serves 4-5

Ingredients
  • 1/2 loaf Italian bread 1/2 inch thick slices
  • 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 teaspoons cinnamon

Instructions
  1. Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and put them under the broiler until toasted.
  2. When one side is toasted, pull out and immediately butter each slice.
  3. Turn the slices over and put them back under the broiler. When done, butter those sides.
  4. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon on each piece of buttered toast.
  5. Then spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk onto each slice. Put back under the broiler for 1 minute. Check to make sure its not burning.
  6. Take out and serve!

No comments: