Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Moo Shu Pork

Moo Shu Pork
Inspired by Rachael Ray's Moo Shu Pork Kebabs.

Ingredients
  • 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 4 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 12 ounces boneless pork chops, cut into thin strips
  • 16 white mushrooms (cut into small chunks)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3-5 cups shredded coleslaw mix
  • flour tortillas or rice pancakes (layered in 3s)

Instructions
  1. Heat on Hi a pot on the stove.
  2. In a bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Pour half of the mixture into a second bowl and stir in the cornstarch.
  3. Toss the pork strips in the cornstarch and liquid mixture. Put into the hot pan to cook through.
  4. When cooked through, throw in the mushrooms, shredded coleslaw mix, and the last of the liquid mixture.
  5. Soften the coleslaw to taste.
  6. Serve with tortillas or make the rice pancakes per directions and layer three on top, wrapping the mixture in the pancakes.

Note: Add more or less coleslaw per the ratio of your meat. Fried rice is a good side dish.

No comments: