Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Manwich Pot Pies

Manwich Pot Pies


Ingredients
  • 2 packages of Food Club Jumbo flaky biscuits (won't use both completely)
  • 2 cans of Manwich
  • 2 lbs of ground beef
  • 1 3/4 cup shredded classic sharp cheddar cheese

NOTE: You might have leftover Manwich, but I suggest using as much of it as you can, because the biscuits will flake-up. You might use both whole packages of biscuits if you are using one large dish instead of individual dishes. These individual dishes have 2 servings, each, in them.

Instructions
  1. Cook the meat and drain the fat. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. While the meat is cooking, start to peel apart the biscuits and layer them in the serving dishes (bottom and sides, creating a lip around the edge to fold over). Make sure you spray the dishes with non-stick spray.
  3. After draining the meat, add the Manwich sauces. Let cook.
  4. Put a layer of shredded cheese on the bottom to cover the bottom.
  5. When the Manwich is ready, fill the dishes to the top.
  6. Put the rest of the cheddar on top.
  7. Layer the top with biscuit pieces and fold over the lip to close. Seal by pressing the buscuit pieces together.
  8. Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until biscuits are golden brown on the top and you say see down the sides that it is cooking through.)

No comments: