Welcome to Sarah's Adventures in Culinary Experimentation

This blog is for posting recipes I've experimented with while teaching myself to cook. Some I have taken from my favorite recipe books, others are purely my own experimentations. My audience is usually just my husband, my toddler daughter, and I and we are living on a tight budget. Sometimes you might find a splurge.

Hopefully you'll find something here that you like!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

National Popcorn Day!

Lemon Pepper and Parmesan Popcorn
Make 2 Quarts

I got the directions for popping homemade popcorn from a website online and it has proven to be a really great way to make homemade popcorn. I have been experimenting with different kernel brands. When I made this recipe I used the tri-color Amish popcorn kernels and I used olive oil.

Popcorn

2 tablespoons oil
1/3 cup popcorn kernels

Heat the oil and salt in a large (at least 3-quart) pot over medium-high heat. Add the kernels and cover.

When the kernels begin to pop, move the lid so it is slightly ajar and steam can escape. Shake the pot gently but continuously over the burner by moving it back and forth.

Continue to shake the pot until popping slows. When there is 3-second lull between pops, remove from heat, uncover, and pour into a bowl.

Seasoning
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tsp McCormick Lemon Pepper
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

Melt butter with the lemon pepper. Drizzle over the popcorn.

Sprinkle the cheese over and toss the popcorn.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments: